Monday, January 12, 2015

Study: River Shoal

This 20 x 16 Acrylic painting is part of the Stallings Island Series. Most of the paintings in the exhibit will be Mixed Media Collage, however I have included several acrylic paintings  The painting posted here was a study for a larger painting in which I was planning to use a water spray technique. The surface of the canvas was textured using a variety of acrylic mediums. The surface then painted. With each layer of acrylic paint a water spray was used to reveal the layer below and give the painting a watery-distressed appearance. As for the title, a 'SHOAL' is a place where a river, sea, or other body of water becomes shallow allowing the possibility of traversing it by foot. I was pleased with the result and decided to use the same technique on a larger painting.



1 comment:

  1. A very good explanation of a shoal. I didn't know its meaning. You've got a talent, Lillie. It's really very rare. Red is very becoming to you, I think. According to term-paper-research.com, red makes people more agitated and active, and I think it influenced you too.
    Sincerely,
    Jud

    ReplyDelete